Follow by Email

Monday, August 8, 2011

How to Steal A Car by Pete Hautman



"Some girls act out by drinking or doing drugs. Some girls act out by hanging out with the wrong guys. Some girls act out by starving themselves or cutting themselves. Some girls act out by being mean to other girls.

Not Kelleigh. Kelleigh steals cars.

In How to Steal a Car, National Book Award winner Pete Hautman takes teen readers on a thrilling, scary ride through one suburban girl's turbulent life - one car theft at a time." Amazon.com

This book captivated me from the beginning with it's quirky humor and abnormal concepts. I love how at the beginning of the book Kelleigh really has no reason to steal cars, but she just does it anyway and you can't hate her for it, she is so like-able.

I really liked the start of the book but as I got further it started to disappoint me. I got tired of her voice, she was a bit whiny, and it also really lost all the other aspects of the book besides the 'stealing car' aspect.

Rating: 6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment